Free! Come and go as you like!
Meditation & Teachings led by Buddhist teachers.
Find the Meditation Practice That Works for You.
Meditate NYC has evolved into a cherished annual tradition for us, offering a moment of reflection amidst the bustling energy of the city. Bringing together revered Buddhist teachers from diverse traditions, this program is dedicated to introducing and deepening the understanding of meditation and mindfulness practices for New Yorkers. Open to the seasoned meditator and the curious novice alike, Meditate NYC offers a unique opportunity to immerse oneself in authentic teachings and cultivate inner peace. Best of all, this transformative experience is entirely free, ensuring everyone can access the profound benefits of meditation.
Join us in this journey towards mindfulness, and discover the transformative power of meditation right here in NYC.
Sangha Table: We will have tables featuring brochures and schedules from various Buddhist temples/centers for you to explore.
Temple/Center Participants: You are encouraged to bring your own brochures and promotional materials to contribute to the Sangha tables.
Program Schedule: Meditate NYC 2023
- Opening by Rev. Doyeon Park, President, Buddhist Council of New York
- Welcome Remarks by Rev. Susan Sparks, Senior Pastor, Madison Avenue Baptist Church
- Ven. Subodha, Temple of Enlightenment
- Bob Stevens, Shambhala Meditation Center of NY
- Tashi Chodron, Awakening Wisdom Experience
- Rev. Willie Mukei Smith, Village Zendo
- Roger Ngo, Dharma Drum Mountain
- Ven. Aluthgama Dhammajothi, NY Buddhist Vihara
- Ven. Geshe Tashi Dorje, Shi-de Kunkyabling: Center for universal peace